Thursday 23 April 2009

Final Double Page Spread with Commentary

Final Double Page Spread with Commentary
The first thing to mention on this Double Page Spread (DPS) would be the slugs at the tops of the pages. These are been made in a reverse manner, by which I mean that they are opposites, so one has a white background with orange writing and the other has an orange background with white writing. I think that this works well because it makes them stand out and consumers will notice them, especially because they are block colours. In other magazines there are sometimes just the bands name written in the top corner and this doesn't really stand out as it isn't really visible.

The main body of the writing, the interview itself, has also been reversed so one side is written in white and the other in orange. I have kept this colour theme again because I think that it works really well to have the same colour running throughout the three pieces of work. Another thing that has been put in the reverse colours is the pull quotes. I quite like the pull quote on the left hand page because it overlaps the trousers of the model and you are able to see them underneath the writing. This was accomplished by using Adobe Photoshop and magic wanding around it and deleting the background.

I have also put the pages number the name of the magazine, in the same font that is used on the masthead, at the bottom of the pages and have also reversed the colours of them so that they are white and orange on the opposing pages. I think that by doing this throughout the double page, makes it look more interesting to the consumer and would make them want to read it.

I decided that I wanted to have two separate images of the artists, to show consumers that there was two separate interviews and I also decided that I wanted them both to be in the middle so consumers could recognise that they were a band. I think that it was quite good having them dress differently, in their own clothes/not a particular wardrobe, because consumers can feel like they relate to them and it shows that even though they might be becoming famous they are still ordinary guys with normal lives.

No comments: