Tuesday 18 November 2008

Creating a mock-up magazine cover


I cropped Lucy out of the original image because the colour of the wall wasn't the same shade of yellow as there were many shadows which made it look unclean. I also had her holding a Sixth Form Handbook to show that the magazine will be for Years 12 and 13. The main image also reflects the main kicker at the bottom about the applications of the new Year 12's.

So I cropped her out and put her onto a new document then added a background that was all the same shade. Just like I planned in my basic mock-up I have put the masthead at the top of the page and I put strapline underneath. I have also put a dateline on the top right hand corner and next to that I thought I would decorate it a sprig of holly.

I have put my two kickers down the left hand side of the page and have also inserted images that relate to what the article will be about.


I have only used two font's when writing my kickers and explainatory lines as I thought that this would make the cover look more professional. I did use another font when it came to writing the masthead of the cover and decided to use something that was a bit more different and had more of a fun feel to show that the magazine wouldn't be just informative but would also give advice and include things that young people would be interested in.

No comments: